ESTABLISHMENT DIVISION, NOTIFICATION NO.SRO.1530(I)/73, DATED 3rd November, 1973.
In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 25 of the Civil Servants Act; 1973 (LXXI of 1973), the President is pleased to make the following rules:-
1. (I) These rules maybe called the Civil Servants ( Change in Nomenclature of Services and aboltion of Classes) Rules, 1973.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. In these rules, unless there is anything repungnant in the subject or context,-
(I) "Classes' means Class I, Class II (non-Gazetted) Class III and Class IV, in which the civil pots and services are classified under the Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules or any other rules or orders for the time being in force;
(2) 'Federal Unifed Grades' comprise all services and civil posts connected with the affairs of the Federation other than those included in the All Pakistan Unified Grades under the All PakistanServices (Change in Nomenclature) Rules, 1973;
(3) 'Grade' means a National Scale of Pay in which a post or group of posts in placed;
(4) 'Services' means the civil services of the Federation.
3. Notwithstanding anything contained in any rules, order, resolution or instruction , te names of services a4re, with immediate effect, changed to Federal Unified Grades and all references to a service in any rules, order, resolution or instruction shall, consistent with the subject context, be construed as refrence to the resective Federal Unified Grade.
Explanation.- For the purposes of this rule and rule 5, ' respective Federal Unified Grade' means the Grade to which a civil servant is fetitled in respect of his existing post under the National Scales of pay.
4. All Civil posts connected with the affairs of the Federation, not being posts in the All Pakistan Unified Grades, shall belong to one of the Federal Unified Grades.
5. All persons who immediately before the coming into force of these rules were members of a service or held a civil post connected with the affairs of the Federation, not being a post in the All Pakistan Unified Grades, are appointed in their exsting posts to the respective Federal Unified Grades.
6. Notwithstanding anything contained in the Civil Services(Classification, Control and Appeal), Rules and any other rules, or orders for the time being in foce, all classes and classifications of services and posts as gazetted and non-gazetted are abolished.
7. For the purposes of applications of any existing rule, order of instruction, reference toa class or to a post as gazetted or non-gazetted shall be construed as reference to the corresponding *Grade as specified in the table below:-
Class - Gazetted posts Correspondng Grades
(1) Class I......................(1) Grade 17 to 23.
(2) Class II....................(2) Grade 16.
(3) Class II....................(3) Grades 11 to 15.
(4) Class III..................(4) Grades 3 to 10.
(5) Class IV...................(5) Grades 1 and 2.
8. Notwithstanding anything contained in any rule, order or instruction, all reservations or posts for purposes of appointment, promotion or transfer in favour of persons belonging to a particular service or cadre, or holding a particular post, are abloshed.
(Authoristy.-Estt.Division D.O letter No.5/1/73-ARC.II dated 30-10-1973].